stuff to entertain the kids!
Cornwall & Children
Cornwall is a great big natural playground so coming up with ideas for a fun day out sunny or rainy is easy. There is plenty to entertain your children all within close proximity of Talehay, far to many to mention. Below we have listed some of our own ‘family favourites’ but we can recommend lots more when you arrive.
Talehay Gardens & Grounds
3 acres of enclosed gardens and paddock, including a play area, safe for your children to run and play. Fire pits for toasting Marshmallows and late night star gazing and BBQs
Beaches & Local Area
- South East Cornwall boasts several hidden gems that you will find uncrowded even during the summer season, often you will find your family are the only ones on the beach. The beaches are ideal for Rock Pooling & Crabbing. All within a short drive from Talehay this includes one of our favourite beaches which is Cornwall’s best kept secret the Lantic Bay as well as Lantivet and Lansallos, Talland Bay & Cafe, Polkerris for watersports
- Looe, Polperro & Fowey – Looe famous for crabbing, the best £3 you can spend for hours of fun puling up crabs. Various sightseeing boat trips, including glass bottom boats from the fishing villages of Looe, Polperro & Fowey
- Eden project – the closest you will ever get to some plants without canoeing up the Amazon – great day out on rainy day as well as sunny !, fly down the the longest zip wire in England with a birds eye view over the Biomes or climb way above the treetops in the Rainforest
- Adrenalin Junkies – Adrelanin Quarry, Fowey River Kayaking, Kartworld, South West Lakes water sports, Tamar Trails – Treesurfing
- Cycling – Camel Trail, Clay trails, Lanhydrock & Cardinham Woods mountain bike trails – bikes hire available
- Flambards Theme Park – Theme park and Victorian Village and Britain in the Blitz exhibition
- Cornwalls Crealy Adventure park – perfect all weather attraction, acres of indoor and outdoor fun
- Tree Surfing – Tree surfing is an adrenaline-pumping, heart-thumping bird’s eye experience.
- Adrenaline Quarry- Unique gravity park, water park & race track with spectacular views and picnic spots, free entry and wild swimming.
Museums & Castles
- Wheal Martyn Museum – Hands on museum, it’s a blast, discover how Cornwall’s largest mining industry changed the world and the amazing uses of China Clay in our everyday lives
- Geevor Tin Mine – a not to be missed destination, the last working tin and copper mine, discover the history of the industry and the people who worked it
- Telegraph Museum – Cornwall’s hidden history, the amazing history how Porthcurno still influences the way we live and communicate to the world today
- Shipwreck Museum – the all weather attraction where children go free !, Europe’s largest private collection of artefacts from over 150 shipwrecks in the beautiful harbour of Charlestown (where Poldark was filmed)
- National Maritime Museum – jump inside a Sea King Helicopter, go under the sea without getting wet, learn how to sail, climb a 100ft tower and touch ben Ainslie’s boat from the Olympic Games, an award winning museum celebrating the sea. boats and Cornwall, a must visit
- Castles Of Cornwall – Conquer boredom and capture the imaginations of your chldren at the numerous castles in Cornwall, the magic of King Arthur at Tintagel, or the famous fortress of Pendennis where you can learn about life as a soldier during the 1st world war
- St Michael’s Mount is a historic castle, garden and island community found off the coast of Marazion in Cornwall.
And Finally: 101-things-to-do-on-a-rainy-day-in-cornwall.co.uk